The Hammond Rental Group
Hammond Residential Real Estate
Brookline, MA 02467
Since its inception Hammond Residential Real Estate has had a separate group of residential leasing specialists established to service the real estate needs of our clients who are Landlords and Tenants. This division, known as The Hammond Rental Group, is well-versed in all aspects of the business of residential rentals, including local and national laws, rules and regulations, market conditions, pricing strategies, appropriate lease requirements, and matchmaking skills. Hammond's rental specialists work closely with our sales associates to provide a seamless transition from the leasing to the sales or buying experience.
Hammond Rental Group personnel are located in our Boston offices: Back Bay/Beacon Hill, Charlestown and South End as well as our Chestnut Hill, Cambridge, Belmont, Lexington, Winchester and Concord offices. These agents service eleven neighborhoods within the City of Boston: Brighton, Jamaica Plain, West Roxbury, South Boston, the Waterfront, Bay Village, and the West End in addition to Back Bay, Beacon Hill, Charlestown and the South End; and twenty-one Greater Boston suburbs: Brookline, Newton, Wellesley, Weston, Needham, Wayland, Watertown, Waltham, Arlington, Winchester, Medford, Concord, Bedford, Burlington, Woburn, Lexington, Dedham and Westwood, as well as Cambridge, Belmont and Somerville. Each office has numerous exclusive rental listings and can access other properties through a network of local rental offices with whom we have developed close working relationships.
View our Hammond rental group properties by clicking "Our Listings" link on the left.
For assistance with rentals in Boston and the surrounding suburbs, please contact our headquarters to be directed to a rental specialist in your area:
Nancy McCreary: 617-731-9316 or nmccreary@HammondRE.com
For prospective Tenants the rental process will involve the following steps:
- Decide when you need to take occupancy in your new home. Time your most intensive search for approximately 45-60 days prior to that date.
- Examine your finances and determine a price range which is affordable
- Prioritize the following factors in your list of requirements:
- Number of Bedrooms/ Size of rooms
- Need for outdoor space vs. willingness to use local parks
- Need for public schooling
- Need for public transportation, parking
- Commuting Distance
- Need for pet friendly rental property
- Type of property (ie.Hi-rise with elevator, single family home, 2 family home)
- Contact Hammond Rental Group, discuss above with an agent. Arrange an appointment to begin viewing properties.
- Choose a property which would most-closely fit your requirements. Complete an application and be willing to commit to the terms and conditions you have noted on your application.
- Give a check with your application.
- A Landlord-Tenant interview may be required after your application is processed.
- If accepted, be prepared to review and sign a lease/contract and give the balance of funds owed.
- Make arrangements for movers (including appointment if required) and place utilities in your name.
For Landlords and those contemplating becoming a Landlord, Hammond Rental Group periodically publishes a Landlord Letter to keep you abreast of the market and current issues and laws. Copies of this Hammond Landlord Letter are available upon request. Our 2013 Letter is now available!